Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Rehearsal to Remember

After decorating the Skiway, we went back to the house to get ready, and things got a little frantic.

Roger had to: A. fix a leak in the water heater in our barn, which suddenly decided to start pouring water all over our rehearsal dinner space about 15 minutes before we had to leave for the hotel, then B. run to Dan & Whits to grab emergency champagne when we realized the Coop had failed to include the two cases we'd order in his pick up, and then C. go back to the house after we got to the hotel when he realized he forgot his belt. 

It was a whirlwind, and stressful, but we made it to St. Thomas Episcopal Church relatively unharmed, and from there on out, things were a lot more relaxed. 

When we arrived, so many people we love were waiting for us outside the church, and it was such a magical feeling to see everyone and to finally feel like things were getting real.

Because people had to travel so far, I was a little worried about people being late, but everyone managed to make it in on time, even Rob and Dave, who must have been driving pretty fast after they got a late start out of Boston that afternoon.

The rehearsal went off without a hitch, with our ushers, readers, and bridal party all working out perfectly. We had gone over the ceremony with our priest about a month earlier, so everything went pretty smoothly, although we had to decide on the spot if we would kiss during the ceremony (a funny moment was when I said no and Roger said yes at the exact same moment--spoiler alert, we did!), and we had to remind him that our friend Christine was reading the prayers at the end of the service.

Not all of the flower children were able to make it to the rehearsal, but about half of them were, including head flower girl Hailey, who, as the only one over the age of three, was able to help her two-year-old cousin Zoe walk down the aisle the next day.

And, in between the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner, I ran over to my office, to leave our wedding cake and reception sign near the refrigerator, for my amazing friend, colleague, and day-of coordinator Laura Jean to bring over to the Dartmouth Skiway the next day.

Then, it was time for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment